What Is Islam?

ISLAM IN ARABIC MEANS "ENTERING GOD'S PEACE"//SUBMISSION AND OBEDIENCE TO ALLAH, HAVING SINCERE FAITH IN HIM, & LIVING LIFE AS WILLED BY ALLAH =)
Any good points found in this blog comes from Allah SWT, all praise to Him. Any mistakes/inaccurate information in this blog is purely due to myself. Hence, please correct and forgive me.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Time management

Bismillah.

Assalamualaikum & Greetings!

Alhamdulillah. Praise be to Allah SWT for such a wonderful day.

I have to say that I am very happy for today's opportunity to go for Friday prayers as I have not gone for it in such a long time. Yes, it is unfortunate but I don't have much of a choice either. Attending it this afternoon definitely brought joy to me and enriched my soul all over again. Seeing so many brothers and sisters, all of us walking towards prayer in congregation. MASHALLAH, what a blessing it is for me to witness this! As if "refueling" the spirit of my Imaan. It also reminded me of why I love Islam so very much, how I fell in love with it. Alhamdulillah. Such rejuvenation and  refreshing feeling, ahh, THANK YOU GOD! =)

Thus, I would like to share the main point of today's khutbah regarding time management.

Always remind ourselves and others to NOT WASTE our:

TIME
ENERGY
RESOURCES
BOUNTY
ETC.

Manage time wisely with beneficial stuff. Support it with our tongue and actions. Ask yourself, do you spend too much time online? And if you do, what kind of stuff are you browsing or doing? Keeping up with world news, scientific discoveries, finance updates, philosophical ebook/articles, iQuran, etc.? Or is it more of social networking, blogging, gaming, movies, drama, etc.? Do you spend too much time in front of TV or doing sports/gym/outdoors? Remember, everything must be done in moderation. Too much of ANYTHING is usually unhealthy for anybody. BALANCE IS THE KEY - one of my favourite phrase.

(And yes, you CAN be your own judge. Are you happy with your answers? You get the drift =))

Keep in mind a majority of those who spend a lot of their time in the remembrance of Allah (SWT) are usually the ones with most peaceful and sound heart.

Nobody's asking you to sacrifice your career or interests to do this. You just got to plan and prioritise well. You will inshaAllah be able to spend time for Him and also have time for your work and other hobbies.

Well, that's in a nutshell of the khutbah. I enjoyed the jemaah prayers. Feels so good!! *Happy*

WAllahua'lam


P/s: Those interested in a planner (taskinator from productive muslim site), you can download it from the folder found at the top of this blog page. Hope it helps some of you out there to better organise your events.

No comments: