A PEACEFUL & CALM HEART IS ONE OF WHICH THAT REMEMBERS ALLAH SWT
What Is Islam?
ISLAM IN ARABIC MEANS "ENTERING GOD'S PEACE"//SUBMISSION AND OBEDIENCE TO ALLAH, HAVING SINCERE FAITH IN HIM, & LIVING LIFE AS WILLED BY ALLAH =)
Any good points found in this blog comes from Allah SWT, all praise to Him. Any mistakes/inaccurate information in this blog is purely due to myself. Hence, please correct and forgive me.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Night of Laylatul Qadr
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim - in the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful Assalamualaikum and greetings to all. First off, forgive me for any incoherence in this post. The main point is just to share some information with my fellow brothers and sisters. Laylatul qadr aka the night of Decree..
(97:3) - The night of Decree is better than a thousand months.
Prophet (s.a.w.s) said: "Whoever passes Laylatul Qadr in prayer with faith and seeking his reward from Allah SWT will have his past sins forgiven." (Bukhari, Muslim)
DON'T let Ramadan go by without seeking/gaining Allah's SWT forgiveness:
The angel Jibraeel (A.S.) appeared before the Prophet (S) and said, "Destruction to him who found the blessed month of Ramadhan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness" upon that the Prophet (S) said 'Ameen'. (Hakim, Bayhaqi)
So, worship sincerely in these last 10 days seeking out Laylatul Qadr and try your best to win the pleasure of Allah SWT. When and which day is this grand night on?
The Prophet SAW said: 'Seek out Laylatul Qadr in the (odd nights) of the last ten days of Ramadhan." (Bukhari) Aisha, may Allah SWT be pleased with her, said: Look for Laylatul Qadr on an odd-numbered night during the final 10 nights of Ramadhan. (Bukhari) What should we all do?
Strive your best in worshipping Him in the final 10 days. Pray more, read more Qur'an, make more du'as. Try to stick to Sunnah and those written in AQ.. Avoid bid'ah acts.
The Prophet SAW used to strive in worship during the last ten days of Ramadhan in a way that he did not strive at any other times. (Muslim)
In the last nights of Ramadhan, Prophet SAW secluded himself in Itikaf and seeking Laylatul Qadr during this time. (Bukhari)
"The Prophet SAW used to tighten his waist-wrapper (izaar) - (meaning detached himself from his wives in order to worship, and exerted himself in seeking Lailatul-Qadr), spend the night in worship, and wake the family in the last ten nights." (Bukhari, Muslim) Du'as to make for Laylatul Qadar: Aishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said: "O Messenger of Allaah! What if I knew which night Laylatul Qadr was, then what should I say in it?" He said: "Say: Allaahumma innaka 'affuwwun tuhibbul 'afwaa fa'fu 'annee."
اللْهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي (O' Allah, You are the one who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me.) (at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah) Why is it so special for the Muslims?
- It is the night on which the Quran was sent down. (97:1) - "Verily! We have sent it (this Qur'aan) down in the Night of Decree (Lailatul-Qadr). "
- Allah described it as being better than a thousand months. (97:3) - "The night of al-Qadr is better than a thousand months"Commentary by Ibn Kathir: Worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months. - Allah described it as being blessed. (44:3) - "We sent it (this Quran) down on a blessed night"
- Many angels descend of this night because it is so blessed (97:4) - "On this night, the angels and al-Ruh (angel Jibreel a.s.) descend"
- This night is described as peace, i.e., it is safe, for the Shaytan cannot do any evil and many people are saved from punishment because of worshipping Allah. (97:5) - "Peace until the appearance of dawn."
- The affairs of the year are dispatched from al-Lawh al-Mahfooz to the angels who record the decrees: who will live, who will die, what provision people will be given, what will happen until the end of that year, every matter of ordainments is decreed.
(44:4) - "Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments" Ibn 'Abbas said: "You may see a man furnishing his home or plowing his field, and he is one of those who are going to die," i.e., it has been decreed on Laylat al-Qadr that he is one of those who are going to die (in the coming year). And it was said that on this night, the destiny of people is shown to the angels." All of this is already known to Allah before it is even written down, but He makes known to the angels what is to happen, and commands them to do whatever they are enjoined to do.[Sahih Muslim li'l-Nawawi, 8/57] WAllahua'lam.