Bismillahirrahmanirrahim - in the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Beneficient
Salam alaiki & Greetings all,
Hope everyone's in the best of health and in your highest state of Iman, inshaAllah. Anyway, here's the continuation to the previous post.
Speaker 2: Shaykh Navaid Aziz
- "PAIN OF REGRET" àYou need to avoid this in life. (When I first heard him mention "pain of regret", I could connect with it right away. It is so true that regretting always bring you pain and if you don't stop regretting, the pain will never come to an end. *Shivers at how powerful 'regret' can be*) "Pain of death" àYou should also prevent this BUT the worst is the combination of these two~! Never ever allow this to happen to yourself. Always remember that sincere repentance is constantly accepted by Him. Allah forgives all sins.
- Allah calls on you to change. But what goes on in many minds are: "What is the point of changing my life? What is the point of asking Allah to forgive me? I have committed too many sins. I'm too full of sin and I'm not worthy anymore." Now, my dear brothers and sisters, Surah Al-Araf shows us du'a taubat: "O' Allah, we have oppressed ourselves and if you do not forgive us, then we are losers."
- YES, it will be difficult but if you put your trust & faith in Allah fully, He will make it easy for you, inshaAllah. He is Most Merciful, Most Loving. Let's not forget that.
- How to heed Allah's Call on you? It all starts with reconnecting to Allah SWT~! It starts with the heart. All changes begins with the remembrance of Allah and the rebuild of your relationship with Him! You have to recreate your trust in Him. You are not created for anyone else but Me. You are for Me.
- Remember that our hearts belong to Him. The key to opening your heart is turning to Allah SWT because the heart is His. The heart is God's and it is He who allows light in you. -Shaykh Hamza Yusuf-
- When things seem to be messed up and horrid for you, remember His Call. Your messed up life is not what He wants for you. For example, if your marriage seems to be full of arguments, you need to sit, take time, and reflect. You have and need to understand the opposite gender. It really helps avoid many common arguments. You need to have the basic understanding of the other gender like acknowledging the fact that talking is an important element in life for women but not men. When men are stressed, they prefer to be left alone. Don't go approaching them the way you approach other females. God made men and women to be different. Our differences are to complement each others' lacks. You just need to know how to make the best out of it. This is just one example. There are many kinds of things that may be bothering you. Turn, seek Him and inshaAllah, all will be well. He will guide those who seek Him.
That's it for this speaker. Hmm, it is kinda short eh.. I guess I was listening more than taking down notes for this Shaykh. Or maybe he speaks very fast, so I'm not enough of a speed note-taking person.
Anyways, I will be addressing "What is Love" topic in the next "post on conference". I know I enjoyed this talk a lot and Sh Rageah is one of the speakers too. Hehe. As for the very next post, I have a very nice and touching video by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf that I'd like to share with all. May more people benefit from his sermons. May Allah bless him too for his good deeds.