What Is Islam?

ISLAM IN ARABIC MEANS "ENTERING GOD'S PEACE"//SUBMISSION AND OBEDIENCE TO ALLAH, HAVING SINCERE FAITH IN HIM, & LIVING LIFE AS WILLED BY ALLAH =)
Any good points found in this blog comes from Allah SWT, all praise to Him. Any mistakes/inaccurate information in this blog is purely due to myself. Hence, please correct and forgive me.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

>90% Muallafs are similar in many ways~!

Bismillah.

Every time I read a new revert's story, it's as if I'm reading my very own experience. There's a lot of similarities especially when it comes to the spiritual feeling and peace of God that we feel in this faith. The following is an excerpt from the story (linked below):


" I was pretending to feel it so others would think I was more religious than I was. Because I was honestly ashamed. I'd go to all of these Christian conferences and hear these incredible, heart-wrenching stories about people who were lost but had found the grace and peace of God, and I wanted SO desperately to have that. So I learned to raise my hands to the songs that were supposed to get that feeling, to cry when other people were when they felt the spirit of god. But there was no feeling, only action. 
I think thats how I know that Islam is right for me. Because when I read the Quran, or when I'm praying, or when I go to the masjid, it's like I finally get it. I finally have somewhere where I belong, where I feel at home. Now I'm the one who has that peace and grace of God. I hadn't felt that ever before.

Another thing that's really easy is always remembering Allah. Thats one of the things that i LOVE about Islam, is the constant focus on Allah. "

Link: 

No comments: